Saturday, August 23, 2008

Moving day and mini-vans

Today brought an annual ritual here in Charlottesville: The Great Family Move-In, whereby entire families cart their students and gear into the dorms at the University of Virginia. The streets are clogged with mini-vans, and the sidewalks near the dorms barely contain a steady stream of moms and dads schlepping computer screens and laundry baskets. This morning I went for a walking tour with my friends Bill and Beth, and we had a delightful time watching all the action.

Later in the morning I toured a condo that I think will work for Lori and myself. I filled out the rental application; keep your fingers crossed that we've found a place to live, at least for our first stage of living here.

And tonight I go to to a picnic with our teenage youth group out in the woods. That's enough for one day. Blessings and prayers to all... 

No comments: