Monday, May 24, 2010

The Monday Funnies

Ah, the first Monday after Pentecost, the long slide into summer begins today. The Monday after Pentecost, heading toward Trinity Sunday and Proper 5 beyond, for those of you who keep liturgical track of such things.

For the rest of you, perhaps this is start of another work week. Whatever the case, a joke or two is in order, and a cartoon by Dave Walker. Enjoy the Monday Funnies...

* * *

When I asked my friend if she was planning to attend church, she just shook her head. "I haven't gone in a long time," she said. "Besides, it's too late for me. I've probably already broken all seven commandments."
* * *
A Sunday school teacher said to her children, "We have been learning how powerful kings and queens were in Bible times. But, there is a Higher Power. Can anybody tell me what it is?:
One child blurted out, "Aces!"


No comments: