Friday, December 31, 2010

A New Year blessing for you and yours

Another year comes to a close and it is hard to believe it went so quickly. Thank you, dear readers, for being with me this year in this space, for your prayers, and when we've been in the same land, sharing a meal or two around the table when we can.

I've enjoyed sharing with you my thoughts and I've appreciated hearing yours. May you have a safe New Year's Eve, and may the new year to come bring you many blessings. Let me close this year by leaving you with an Celtic blessing I came across:
May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

2 comments:

me said...

A very joyful New year is wished to you Jim. Joy can exist despite circumstances, I have found. I think it's to do with joy's unique anticipatory aspect. The glimpse of the now and not yet. It is a gift of the Holy Spirit aswell, isn't it? Or is it a fruit? Yep, I think it is, a fruit. I sensed it last year when I was praying my rosary 'religiously' if you'll parden the phrase! Joy contains peace, as one of it's components. His peace even when the boat is rocking in the stormy sea. So why do I shrink back to lacksy daisy prayer times? Undisciplined person that I am!

Time to write my resoultions I think!!

I'm confusing myself now, so I shall stop and go and eat a ham sandwich with a cup of tea!

I am so glad to have found your blog. I feel closer to Jesus from listening to your words, especially your prayers which allow for vulnerability and are therefore more authentic.

Unusual, these days.

God bless you, Ros.

Vickie said...

A happy and blessed New Year to you and Lori too, Jim. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself in this blog, especially your prayer life and some great poems.

Vickie