Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Rain of God

He changed deserts into pools of water *
and dry land into water-springs.
Psalm 107:35


This morning there is a gentle rain falling in Charlottesville, and I sat on our front porch in my time of meditation, reading the day's psalm (above), and Morning Prayer.

Usually I close my eyes, but not this morning. The drizzle seemed to make everything seem more alive. The biblical writers are fond of images like "breath of God." This morning I could could see another image: the "rain of God."

I am reminded of another psalm: "It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore." (Psalm 133:3)

Lori took a few photos this morning from our front porch of the Redbud tree on our hill in the rain. May the rain bring you abundant life and many blessings.


Photos by Lori Korleski Richardson
By James Richardson, Fiat Lux

No comments: