Monday, July 16, 2012

The Monday Funnies

Oh, goodness, it is Monday again. We've been at Shrine Mont at our parish retreat weekend. I will post a few photos later.

For now, how about a few chuckles to get your week started? Here are a few jokes from Pat Hill in the Jokester Department, and a cartoon from The New Yorker. Enjoy your Monday!

+  +  +

The boy found a W.W.J.D. (What would Jesus do?) bracelet and wanted to buy it. His mother asked him if he knew what it meant. 
The boy responded, "Of course I do Mom! It's Jesus' web-site!"
+  +  + 
I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older then it dawned on me . . . they were cramming for their finals.
+ + + 
 Our church organist was a grand old lady, but every Sunday she allowed her two dogs to accompany her to church. The congregations did not mind the dogs, but they were upset when the two dogs would howl through every high note from the organ. 
Finally the congregation asked the minister to insist the organist leave her dogs at home. "Give me one week," said the minister, "and then I'll tell you what I have decided to do." 
On the following Sunday the minister announced his decision. Fearing that the organist would leave if her dogs couldn't come to church, and that would have a devastating effect on the worship services, he said, "Friends, I have decided that it is better the dogs come to church than the church go to the dogs!"

1 comment:

Lawrence said...

I am happy to have seen and heard this. I'm grateful to be an Episcopalian. Imagine! The leader of our church, an intelligent, thoughtful woman (woman!) preaching a sermon reminding and encouraging us to, "love one another." I don't think it gets better than this.

Lawrence
Parishioner, St. Paul's Memorial Episcopal Church