Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Funnies

Well, it has been awhile since Pat Hill, in the Fiat Lux jokester department, checked in with some new material. Seems he is on a mission trip to Uganda, so I can't accuse him of loafing like I usually do. But he is a little busy, and so he sent recycled material the other day. Here are some Oldies-but-Goodies. Enjoy your week...

+ + +

A preacher delivered a sermon in ten minutes one Sunday morning, which was less than 1/3 the usual length of his sermons.

He explained, “I regret to inform you that my dog, who is very fond of eating paper, ate that portion of my sermon which I was unable to deliver this morning.”

After the service, a visitor from another church shook hands with the preacher and said, “Pastor, if that dog of yours has any pups, I want to get one to give to my minister.”

* * *

A preacher was on the program at a district convention to preach for twenty minutes. The other preachers from the district were sitting behind him in the choir section, giving him moral support and throwing in an occasional “Amen” to help the preacher along.

The preacher preached his twenty minutes and continued on despite the allotted time.

He preached for 30 minutes, then forty minutes and then for an hour. He even continued, for a whole hour and ten minutes.

Finally, a brother sitting in the front row took a songbook and threw it at the preacher, who was still going strong with his message.

The preacher saw the songbook as it was hurled his way and he ducked. The songbook hit one of the preachers sitting in the choir section.

As the man in the choir section was going down, you could hear him say, “Hit me again, I can still hear him preaching!”

No comments: