Sunday, March 10, 2013

The simple truth is rarely simple

Dear friends,

We were knocked out by the snowstorm last Wednesday, and our power (and internet) was not restored until Friday evening. We had a number of trees down, and the cleanup will take a few days with the chainsaw. I will post photos when I get a chance. Thanks for coming back to this space in my absence.

My friend Steven Charleston, the retired bishop of Alaska, posted this on his Facebook this morning, and it speaks to me on many levels. I am not preaching today, so I leave you with this. . .

+ + +

The simple truth is rarely simple. I cannot explain the many twists and turns of my life, the reasons why, the fine shading of my choices, the hidden currents of the soul that carried me to the deep waters I tried to navigate. Like you, I often ponder the meaning of it all and share my quiet regrets, my endless thanks, my longing to understand more on the wings of prayers cast out into the patient sky. We each search for truth while we live truth and trust in a wiser mind above that understands why, a kinder heart that knows the truth and forgives just the same.

No comments: